In history, Yunnan Baiyao for dogs has been used quite much in people for over 114 years. It was used to curtail bleeding happened from combat injuries. More recently, in medical literature for human beings, its oral use has decreased the preoperative need for blood transfusions and ulcerative gastrointestinal disease.
There is also some written in the veterinary literature for its uses. Most of the research has been done on rats, dogs, rabbits, and horses. In fact, Yunnan Baiyao is mainly for dogs.
Yunnan Baiyao has been used topically and orally for many years. It has been used just like an adjunct to prevent bleeding in cases such as pets in Hemoabdomen pericardial effusions, and epistaxis. It is the most effective and powerful solution for a dog’s problem.
Formulations mostly come in capsule form, .25 grams in every capsule, or powder in the 4-gram bottle. These are the best and proven formulations.
A supplement that stops bleeding?
Conventional veterinary medicine teaches us that there isn't any more of such a thing. But it would help if you also remembered there is a lot more healing than what we might have been exposed to here in the west. Yunnan Baiyao for dogs is an ideal example. It is a well-known treatment in china. Its name also means the white medicine from Yunnan province.
It is well researched in China and, perhaps, more importantly, has been used for thousands of years. Western medical researchers are now starting to show interest, and so far, many studies show that there are reasons to study it a lot more.
Yunnan Baiyao is a blend of herbal ingredients and not one single plant. Here in the west, we are used to thinking about individual treatments for particular problems. Supplements are mostly made of only a single ingredient. That is not the way TCM thinks of remedies of treatment. With their thousands of years of total experience, they mainly make blends of many different components. Yunnan Baiyao is no exception.
The precise recipe is the guarded secret in China, but the ingredients include various ox gall bladder, roots, sweet geranium, and pseudo ginseng.
When should you apply Yunnan Baiyao for dogs?
People are using Yunnan Baiyao for dogs for many years for treating the following:
Bleeds of all kinds:
Yunnan Baiyao is applied on dogs and people to assist control bleeding from many situations. It is more often used in the palliative care setting to complement other medical therapies. Yunnan Baiyao translates to white powder, and it comes from Yunnan, a province in southwest China. It is a supplement comprised of many trade secret ingredients.
For people and dogs with arthritis, Yunnan Baiyao may take orally to hold all of the minimalized pain associated with arthritis because of its inflammatory properties. So it is good for pain relief
Supplements such as Yunnan Baiyao thoughts assist in healing skin ulcerations by activating the platelets. Platelets are the small blood components that assist in making blood clots. Blood design to clot on its own, but added measures need to keep many bleeds under control in a few cases.
- Accumulation of blood in the abdomen.
- Excessive storage of fluid in the pericardial sac which surrounds the dog's heart.
- Acute nosebleeds.
- Neoplasia refers to the unusual growth or tumor in the body. these may be either benign or malignant.
So these were all the uses of Yunnan Baiyao in dogs and also in human beings. Yunnan Baiyao provide the best results for many diseases. Many dog owners have reportedly said that this herb helps remove different ailments in their dogs.
How Yunnan Baiyao works:
Studies show that Yunnan Baiyao activates the body platelets, the tiny blood cells that help form clots. Why is this important? Well, because blood clots are the initial step in scab. When platelets are activated, they then form little plugs or little corks. That is the way they stop a hemorrhage.
Please think of this when a dog then takes Yunnan Baiyao, the herbal formula activates the platelets that slow bleeding down and help stop it. Keep in mind that this remedy is fully understood, and there are many veterinarians who recommend using it because it is a worthy thing. Using it in serious cases is warranted as long as it is super safe.
If you have had pets or have them, you must be aware of the fact that a lot of dogs suffer from types of cancer that are associated with bleeding, such as Hemangiosarcoma of the liver, which is fairly common. And some treatments, such as the ones used in chemotherapy, may aggravate the bleeding. So naturally, it would make sense if you could find a medicine that would ease the pain of your beloved best buddy.
Yunnan Baiyao contains several herbs, the formula of which is not known but only speculated and can be used internally and externally. No side effects of taking Yunnan Baiyao have been noted yet, barring the fact that it is prohibited to be taken by pregnant women, which is a moot point here. It activates the platelets (the blood components that help make the blood clot), which lead to scabbing. In some trials, Yunnan Baiyao has reduced the clotting time by nearly 50%.
It also activates blood circulation, clears the toxins away, and disperses blood stasis. Like western drugs, it does not shut off pain centers in the brain and expedites blood circulation. Yunnan Baiyao has been known to treat small cuts that otherwise may need stitches.
And most importantly, Yunnan Baiyao does not contain any gluten. This is especially important if your dog is allergic to it because in that case, it could lead to weight loss, intermittent diarrhea, and a poor hair coat among other things. And this is a very common condition in dogs.
How to apply Yunnan Baiyao for dogs?
If your dog is then having sorts of Internal, External or Excessive Bleeding, Hemorrhaging and Other Acute Blood Loss Related Conditions, your veterinarian may suggest you use it in helping control bleeding.
But how much should you give?
The following dosing is a rough estimate. These are the general guidelines that you must check out with your vet: For Dogs:
- Those are under 10 lbs, give 1 capsule by mouth a single time a day.
- That range from 10 to 30 lbs, give 1 capsule by mouth two times every day.
- Over 30 but less than 60 lbs, give 2 capsules two times a day.
- Over 60 lbs, give 2 capsules thrice a day.
Do not give Yunnan Baiyao for dogs on an ongoing basis. It is best to give it on several alternating days, or for a 5 day on and a day off cycle which repeats.
Yunnan Baiyao has been here for a long time now, ever since 1902 when it was mainly created by a doctor named Qu Huan Zhang in Yunnan. After its very first invention, it became apparent that the treatment was ideal, if not the best overall formula. It was used to prevent traumatic bleeding s well as stop all kinds of infections from happening. Then and now, the treatment is thought to be one of the best and most essential remedies to have in the first aid kit or someone's medicine cabinet.
People care about their dogs and consider them to be a part of a family. As you know, dogs cannot use many medication treatments that people may use for specific conditions. As a result, when the dog suffers from something, such as many forms of cancer, then they will be limited to risky treatment processes that may leave them feeling depleted. Yunnan Baiyao is something that may prove an effective alternative for dogs in this regard.
When applied topically every day into the deep dog bite puncture or huge dehiscence, Yunnan Baiyao seems to have granulation tissue and shows infection development. The application may be repeated two to four times a day. The use only makes it very valuable to any practice.
Despite the mystery surrounding the formulation, Yunnan Baiyao has won three national gold medals for its quality. It is also ranked among the most famous Chinese traditional medicines and has also been designated as one of the Class-1 protected traditional medicines for over 20 years protective term in china. The Yunnan Baiyao reputation is just equal to that of penicillin in the US. The story of Yunnan Baiyao and its formulator, Mr. Qu Huangzhang, is known over China and has also been made into a film.
What are the benefits of Yunnan Baiyao?
This is a must-have herbal medicine and has many applications. It is a proprietary Chinese herbal formulation that originated in the Yunnan province in China. Bai means white, and Yao means medicine. The main ingredient in this Yunnan white medicine is the two kinds of ginseng and several members of the yam family. Traditionally this formula has transformed Stasis, resolve stagnation, invigorate Blood, Tonify Qi, and clear Heat.
Western analysis of the psychological effects of this herbal combination identifies the ability it has to stop bleeding. Mainly, in one rat study, Panax notoginseng saponins were able to carry out induced microcirculatory disturbance. Astringent and resinous herbs are there that stop bleeding and enhance healing.
Causes of Bleeding cancer:
Some of the canine cancers are associated with bleeding, just like internal Hemangiosarcoma. Hemangiosarcoma is tumor which over in the linings of blood vessels, hence they can be pretty bloody. But even the other types of cancers may bleed.
For example, a few chemotherapy drugs increase bleeding tendencies. Sometimes tumors split open, and internal bleeding results. Again, not all tumor in the body is bloody. But when they are finding a sure way to control that internal bleeding is a good idea.
Especially nice would be something that can be given in a capsule in the home. And it’s the way to cure your dogs.
A few case studies of the use of Yunnan Baiyao are as under:
- TILT, an eight-and-a-half-year-old Belgian Tervuren, presented on February 15, 2013, using neoplasia, purulent drainage, right epistaxis, and sneezing. CT scan and histopathologic diagnoses were more consistent with sarcoma. Radiation therapy was also recommended by decline. Case management started with many Chinese and Western immune-supportive herbals, including Yunnan Baiyao and essential oil therapies.
- Boswellia sacra through diffusion topically and orally were then started. In addition to this, a rigid, species, new meat-based diet, high in blended, leafy green vegetables, and no starch was implemented. Multi-modal treatment is standard for the treatment of cancer in holistic patients. Hence, the efficacy of Yunnan Baiyao in isolation may not be evaluated. Currently, Tilt sneezes every day, but intermittently. She is also actively involved and winning in agility eight months after diagnosis.
- Thor is seven and a half-year-old Weumaraner presented on August 22, 2013, for lethargy and anorexia. He was diagnosed with the splenic mass and hemoabdomen through abdominal ultrasound and abdominal tap. The surgical intervention was also declined. Treatment with Yunnan Baiyao and Gui Pi Tang was started, and appetite and energy improved. Thor is doing a lot well and is still stable after two months of diagnosis.
- Gooly, a 16 and a half-year-old Australian Shepperd, presented October 8, 2012, with the smooth raised, depigmented 1 cm mass involving gingival tissue dorsal to his left upper carnassials. Resection with all good margins left the root exposure; histopathologic diagnoses were consistent with the ossifying epulis.
- This lesion may recur, invade the bone and cause disfigurement. The owner was instructed to pack the site twice daily with Yunnan Baiyao and massage gingival with the certified fatty acid. Many oral immune-modulatory supplements were also implanted as Goolys adherent to the alveolar bone of carnassials root. His owner still applies Yunnan Baiyao intermittently. There has been no recurrence one year after resection.
- Sharday, a nine-year-old Pit Bull victim in dogfighting, showed many bite punctures, severe laceration gaping shoulder, and auxiliary wounds having severe edema. Treatment was then declined at ER. ER suspected limb amputation might be necessary. The case was managed using essential oil soaks, antibiotics, and Yunnan Baiyao applied over the wounds. All wounds were managed with second intentional healing and no primary closure. One drain was also placed. All wounds granulated in and healed closed within four weeks. One minor scar is present.
- Blue, a 15-year-old chocolate Labrador retriever, was diagnosed with splenic Hemangiosarcoma after the splenectomy. Yunnan Baiyao and other Immuno supportive herbals were initiated in May 2005. Blue is still alive and is well eight years after diagnosis.
Use of Yunnan Baiyao in medical history?
In veterinary medicine, Yunnan Baiyao has shown an increase in blood coagulation in 8 healthy research beagle dogs and 18 client-owned, healthy dogs for many breeds that weighed less than 30 pounds.
Besides, Yunnan Baiyao is mainly employed to decrease the frequency and severity of bleeding episodes linked with many types of canine cancers, but most often using a type of cancer known as H
Hemangiosarcoma. We have done this with a lot of data to support the efficacy in this leading group of patients. There is also a published report for the usage of Yunnan Baiyao in dogs having right arterial masses and pericardial effusion in which the treated dogs seemed to benefit compared to the control population.
Is Yunnan Baiyao safe for dogs?
There are a lot of studies available that determine with absolute certainty that Yunnan Baiyao is inherently safe for dogs. This presence of scientific evidence is because this herb is thought to be a supplement and doesn't need proof. In situations where other prescribed treatment is problematic, Yunnan Baiyao is mainly considered an acceptable and healthy option. But no matter how good it is, you still is most commonly used in a broader complementary approach. It would help if you asked your vet about Yunnan Baiyao before you try it on your pet.
Ultimately, the safety considerations should factor in dosage guidelines, other underlying conditions the dog may have, and other medications the dog may be on. The decision to use Yunnan Baiyao must be in consultation with the veterinarian that knows your dog's complete history. It is totally safe for dogs health so you can use it for your dogs in any way. it will help treat underlying ailments and will give your dog the health it deserves to get. You will be glad you started using this treatment on your dog and helped him get back to his original health status.
Where to buy Yunnan Baiyao?
It isn't easy to get Yunnan Baiyao from your local store. The best way to purchase Yunnan Baiyao for your dogs is to get it from an authentic online store.